When you sign up for ongoing monitoring, you'll get automatic updates to your data, either by individual meter or by groups of meters. You'll have the updated data you need to validate savings, monitor existing assets, ensure performance, and build referral programs.
To start meters, you'll need to do three things
- Select which meters you want to start on ongoing monitoring
- Select how you want to pay. You'll get a discount for paying in advance.
- Select how often you want to receive data — daily, weekly, or monthly.
Starting new meters on ongoing monitoring
Step 1: Selecting meters
Find the authorization for which you want to get updates.
- to select individual meters, mark the checkbox next to the SAID for the meters you want; or
- to select all the meters on the authorization, mark the checkbox next to the authorization information, in the light blue box.
Click on the blue Refresh Data button at the top of your screen. Then select Start Ongoing Monitoring.
Steps 2&3: Select how to pay; select how often you want to receive data
You will now see options for data frequency as well as payment plans.
The payment plan is set by default to month-to-month. But if you'd like to save 33%, you can edit the payment plan and select the option to pay for a year of ongoing monitoring in advance.
You can also adjust how often we refresh the data (frequency). Choose daily, weekly or monthly. This is also where you can cancel ongoing monitoring.
Once you have your payment and frequency options selected, click on the blue Start Monitoring button.
- If you are on a pay-as-you-go plan, you will be directed to the payment screen.
- For customers with a prepay package, the monitoring charge will be deducted from your prepaid balance, according to the discounted rate on your plan. If you've also signed up to pay in advance for a year, you'll get both discounts (33% for paying for a year in advance, plus whatever discount your prepay package qualifies you for). Click here to review of the pricing structure.
Managing meters that are already on ongoing monitoring
If you ever need to adjust your ongoing monitoring subscriptions or turn one off, it's easy to find them on your dashboard. Look at the filter option on the left side of your dashboard screen entitled Monitored. Click on the Monitored filter to show all the meters with ongoing monitoring subscriptions. If you need to adjust one of them
- mark the checkbox next the meter(s) you want
- click the blue Refresh Data button, and finally
- click on the option to Update Ongoing Monitoring
You can adjust your payment plan and/or the frequency of monitoring, including turning it off (one of the options under the Frequency section). Once you have the options selected that you want, click on the button Update Monitoring.
If you ever have questions about ongoing monitoring (or anything else UtilityAPI-related), you can start a support ticket, email support, or talk to a real, live, friendly human being at (510) 907-0009.