Here is a quick guide to our web interface, and you will find a brief summary of the four main areas.
1. Request Data
First, we would like to focus on the Request Data button. It is our recommendation to start here, as this is where you can send out data requests to prospective customers. Sending data requests are free, and there are lots of ways to get your authorization form in front of your customers. You can start sending out requests within minutes of creating an account with UtilityAPI. No complicated setup or integration, no filling out long forms.
For more information on Requesting Data, click here.
Second, you can adjust a number of your preferences in Settings. Such items include:
- Changing the logo on your authorization form from the default UtiltiyAPI logo to your company logo. Learn more here.
- Update your payment information and change to a cost-saving subscription plan. If you plan on pulling data for more than 3-4 meters a month, it makes sense to get on a subscription plan.
- Customize your unique authorization link.
- Update you visibility settings to view gas meter data. Learn more here.
- Generate corporate account invite links and API tokens.
3. Getting the Data
After a customer authorizes access to their data, the full meter list will populate for you to view. Viewing the meter list is free, and we only charge you for meters that you specifically activate and get data for. When you are ready to pull data, click on the Get Data button, and we will collect the data for you. Once the data has been collected, the button will turn green, allowing you to see the data. Click on See Data to view the data collected.
To view the data available for each utility that we cover, please click here.
Finally, the left menu allows you to filter your authorizations by status. Definitions for each status in the menu may be found below:
- Pending - Authorizations that are pending have not yet been completed by the utility account holder. The data request was successfully sent, and you can keep track of these pending authorizations there. If an authorization has been pending for a few days, feel free to click on the "Resend" link next to the customer email address in the authorization.
- Incomplete - Incomplete authorizations are ones that have been partially filled out by the utility account holder or have had incorrect login credentials submitted. You will often see the following message if an authorization is incomplete. "
- Expiring Soon - Authorizations that will be expiring in the coming week or two.
- Expired/Declined - Authorizations that have expired, or have been revoked or declined by the utility account holder
- Users - This filter option allows account administrators to view data collected by a specific sub-user.
- Utilities - This filter option allows users to sort data that has been collected by specific utilities.